Heads up. Not everybody is vegan. 😊 Although a lot of people I know are…
And my husband and I tend to eat very heavily plant-based and love it!
And now I’m going to share with you a recipe for a scrumptious soup that is my son’s absolute favorite!
I make it a few times a year for him. In fact, I really enjoyed making it for him just today.
I make it in the Instapot but you can just as easily make it on the stove.
Here you go, I sure hope you enjoy it!
“HAM & POTATO SOUP”
- 4 cups Yukon Gold potatoes. Unpeeled and diced. I cut them about 1/4″ thick one way, same the other way, and then across the potato. Ends up a nice dice.
- 2 cups ham, diced
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup cooked bacon, chopped
In a saucepan:
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted.
- Add 5 tablespoons flour & stir.
- 2 cups milk. Add to the pot and whisk until its thickens.
- Add 2 -3 cups shredded cheese.
- Freshly ground black pepper to your taste.
- Everything into the Instapot. Stir to mix well and then set for 12 minutes.
- Release valve when done.
Obviously, change the recipe anyway you want, to your taste. This is the original and my son’s favorite. If you are a creative cook, like I am, you will figure out what to change and how to change it. If you care to…
Seriously, make a few changes, and it’s vegan. You know what I mean! 😉
And if you don’t know what I mean, leave a Comment below, and I will get back to you and give you some suggestions.
Leave a Reply