I have been practicing Intermittent Fasting since the end of August 2018 and have been fascinated by the process of Autophagy.
A lot of attention has been attracted by the news about Yoshinori Ohsumi, the 2016 Nobel prize winner for Medicine for research into autophagy, the seemingly-miraculous process our bodies are capable of, for dealing with overgrowth leading to dysfunction of all kinds, when given the time.
I lightly refer to it as, “Clean up on aisle 7!” and I keep a running list of the changes I notice about myself as a result of fasting and autophagy. (See below)
Here is a very simple definition of autophagy from the blog, greatest.com:
It’s a natural process called autophagy (literally “self-eating”), and it’s the body’s system of cleaning house: Your cells create membranes that hunt out scraps of dead, diseased, or worn-out cells; gobble them up; strip ’em for parts; and use the resulting molecules for energy or to make new cell parts.
I also am a channel for higher wisdom…this is what came though this morning about autophagy.
“Autophagy is not just about cleaning up and healing the body. You are Oneness, you are Whole in Body, Mind and Spirit. And so, when the energy of autophagy cleans up the body, the spirit and the mind are also cleansed. Debris is cleared and a return to Wholeness, aka Healing, happens.
So I urge you, do not look at food as simply healthy or not healthy for the body. And in that same way, do not view fasting as simply a way to give the body a rest.
Food and fasting and the resulting autophagy affect you wholistically, in Body, Mind and Spirit. You are being cleansed, you are being renewed, and you will be surprised at the effects that emerge.
It’s not just about unsightly skin tags disappearing or fat melting. It’s about limiting ways of thinking evaporating, it’s about your hearts opening to more compassion and love for self and others, it’s about your mood lifting, it’s about connecting with the world and other sentient being more readily.
Don’t make the mistake of seeing yourself as a lump of flesh to manipulate with food and fasting and autophagy. You are Oneness, you are Whole, and you are all in this together. What affects you, affects the collective. Healing heals everyone.”
I would love to read your thoughts and comments, so please post below.
I love you,
And as always, I hope you SPARKLE!
**HOLIDAY SPECIAL OFFER ON PRIVATE SESSIONS WITH ME**
Now through December 25th, pay $135/hour instead of my usual $185-200. Purchase as many as you wish for yourself or a loved one, and use in 2018 and 2019. Contact me theshamanmama at gmail dot com to take advantage of this.
List of NSVs (non-scale victories, ie., not about weight loss) There are, and will be so many more than listed….I am in this as a lifestyle, not a fad. See what you think.
- My husband pointed out to me that the chronic throat sensitivity/violent coughing I’d experienced for years has not been happening for the past week or so. This was at about the 1.5 week point
- 2″ off my waist at about the 2 week point
- No more night sweats, no matter what kind of foods I eat. This at the 3 week mark
- Rings twirling around. 3 weeks.
- Down 3.3 pounds after 10 day vacay in NC
- Edema in legs ankles feet hands gone no matter what I eat. This since we got back from vacation in NC . This at 3.5 week mark
- Realized today that I’m feeling a big bored with the spaciousness and peace and time that have opened up with IF. Time to find new ways to have fun, be engaged and SPARKLE! 5 week mark.
- Snoring gone
- Some skin tags gone.
- No more snacking while shopping
- Taste buds more sensitive…chocolate note in coffee.
- Wart on inside of right knee gone.
- A1C from 6.1 to 5.6… No longer pre-diabetic. After 7 weeks of IF!
- Aware of sugar sensitivity with commercial baked goods. Leads to cravings.
- Resting heart rate dropped from 92 to 72. 11/26/18’
- Broke a very longstanding scale/weighing habit. No idea how many pounds lost at this point. Using ‘goal clothes’ to measure changes in my body size. White top is much looser than when I started.
- Much more deeply tuned into messages from my body about food choices, what, how much, etc. This is called Appetite Correction and occurs when the hormones insulin, ghrelin and leptin are regulated. Wow, stunning change after somewhere between 6 – 10 weeks of fasting.
- With no marketing or business effort on my part, consciously decided, my private clients have increased in number, filling my schedule with what I call ‘perfect clients’, and an inspired new class, CONVERSATIONS WITH WOMEN, will begin in January. Effortless business growth.
- I will be teaching a module about fasting and autophagy in my Art of Miracles Class…because, alignment, Miracles…yes, that.